Lance Lawson are specialist in all areas of property law including, land, real estate and construction. Whether buying, selling, leasing, subdividing, building or renting, our experienced team of property specialists will help you maximise your property investment.
We can guide first-home buyers through the entire purchase process, from the earliest documentation to handing over the keys to a new home.
For practical advice, efficient and effective service from a Property solicitor, and a tailored approach, please feel free to contact one of our highly experienced Property solicitors.
- Buying and selling property
- Assistance for first home buyers with Kiwisaver First Home Withdrawals and HomeStart grants
- Commercial property, developments and leasing
- Boundary adjustments, easement and covenant issues, access issues
- Property finance and refinancing
- Business structure including LAQCs
- Licences to Occupy and Residential Care Facilities
- Māori Land
Commercial / Corporate
Our Commercial solicitors provide specialist advice for businesses, companies and other corporate entities including governance, directors’ duties, shareholders’ rights and liabilities, and shareholder disputes. Our experience covers all types of corporate entities including, companies, limited partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Buying and selling businesses (both assets and share sales)
- Forming and structuring or restructuring commercial entities/asset protection
- Drafting founding documents
- Commercial contracts and terms of trade
- Shareholder arrangements, rights and liabilities and shareholder disputes
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Asset Protection, Estate Planning and Elder Law
Our team recognises the importance of asset and income protection as well as succession planning by providing specialist services in this area of law. We provide expert advice to help you make important decisions on how you structure your assets including succession planning (estate administration and distribution) and trusts.
We are well versed to discuss issues that will become relevant now or in the future, such as Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, moving into a retirement village, and moving into residential care and residential care subsidies.
- Living Wills
- Family Trusts including providing ongoing advice to Trustees
- Charitable Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Relationship Property implications concerning asset planning
- Applying for Court orders for someone who has lost capacity
- Retirement Villages and Rest Homes
- Residential Care Subsidy Applications
Dealing with the death of a loved one can be a difficult and testing time. Our team has significant experience in administering estates as well as acting for beneficiaries who wish to take action against an estate.
- Preparation of Wills
- Administration of an Estate including administering any life tenancies or trusts that may have been created by the deceased’s will
- Intestacy (when someone passes away without leaving a Will)
- Advising executors about potential claims that can be made against estates
- Māori Land Succession
- Asset distribution to beneficiaries by the wishes of the deceased as identified in their will, including the disposal of any assets that need to be realised
- Ensuring that Trustees are fully aware of their legal obligations
- Making an application to the High Court of New Zealand for a formal grant of Probate or Letters of Administration where appropriate
- Paying any outstanding expenses for the estate, such as costs relating to the funeral
- Wills and estate matters including family protection, testamentary promises and related claims including the validity of wills
Dispute Resolution and Civil Litigation
Lance Lawson prides itself on providing quality advice and support in all aspects of dispute resolution and civil litigation including research, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, District Court, High Court and Court of Appeal appearances. We strive to offer our clients strategic advice to assist in resolving disputes efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Property and Lease disputes
- Contract disputes
- Property and Building Disputes
- Business and Franchise Disputes
- Collection of outstanding debts
- Insolvency issues
- Trust and Estate administration disputes
- Trespass and Harassment Orders
Our Criminal solicitors deal with all stages of the criminal process including entering pleas, conducting trials, and sentencing matters in the District Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
We also regularly make related applications including limited licenses, applications for discharge without conviction, applications for name suppression, and bail applications.
Our Criminal solicitors undertake legally aided work.
- Traffic and driving offences
- Drug offences
- Theft and Fraud
- Sexual Offences
- Serious crimes
- Limited Licences
- Legal Aid
Our specialist Employment solicitors are experienced in working alongside employers and employees across all aspects of the employment relationship.
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements and independent contract agreements
- Advice on restructuring and redundancy
- Health and Safety obligations
- Workplace bullying and harassment
- Workplace investigation and disciplinary processes and procedures
- Attending mediations
- Negotiating and resolving employment disputes
- Advising and attending formal investigation meetings in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court hearings
Our Family solicitors offer assistance to clients on all family matters ranging from separation issues (including care of children, protection orders and relationship property) to adoptions, family protection/testamentary promises claims and applications under the PPPR Act. We offer a full range of services from negotiation and mediation through to court litigation.
Our Family solicitors undertake legally aided work. If you cannot afford to pay for a solicitor, our Family team can assist with making an application for legal aid.
- Parenting Orders and Guardianship matters
- Protection Orders and related family violence matters
- Oranga Tamariki
- Child Support
- Separations / Divorce
- Relationship Property and Spousal Maintenance
- Pre-nuptial / Contracting Out Agreements
- Applications under the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act
- Family Protection Act, Testamentary Promises Act claims and contesting wills
- Applications under the Mental Health (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act
- Family Legal Advice Services and Legal Aid